Re: TheWebConf 2018 Trip Report

Great report Sarven, it is very well put!
With PDF (vs HTML), the issue is PDF being (seen as) an end or viewing
format. It abstracts out the underlying complexity of representations,
and lots of tools can spew out a PDF. With HTML, it is like asking
everyone to write their work in LaTeX only (which isn't bad in itself).
Maybe a point of convergence could be to get everything to produce
decent HTML which isn't mangled by inherent messy CSS+JS native to the
product/tool?
I (still) see "Microsoft Word..." in the title-bars of PDFs people
submit, so I assume that a lot of people cannot or don't want to write
their papers in LaTeX or other tools.
How to work towards exporting this text-based writing approach to native
web formats?

--
---
Harshvardhan J. Pandit