Re: Best practises for using multiple schemes to describe resources

Hi,
Good question.
I guess I go and look at the documentation to start me when I have such questions.
If I am using a property, and the domain (or range) is defined, then I feel obliged to provide the correct types.
A quick look at dcterms:title suggest there is no domain definition (only a Literal range), which you have, so it doesn't bring any domain type obligations on you.
However, a look at
http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nfo/#wordCount
(try http://web.archive.org/web/20160216010039/http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nfo/ as the link is dead)
shows it has a nfo:TextDocument domain, so you are sort of obliged to declare that.

So, assuming that you also want foaf:Document for other reasons, you might also have nfo:TextDocument

But the biggest question should always be: "Is the output fit for purpose?" :-)
How is all this being consumed?
By you? By others?
If the result of using properties from lots of different ontologies is that you define lots of different types on everything and that will make the result unwieldy or even unusable, then I think you have to go with the less purist approach, and simply let the types be inferred.
(Remember, as I understand it, the Things will have the types, you just aren't declaring them explicitly.)

I always worry about whether what I have defined is what is best to use (by me and/or by others), rather than whether I have somehow captured the world in the best possible way.
You haven't told us anything about the consumption, so it is hard to make any more comments.

But I'm pretty sure I don't really understand this stuff, so your mileage will definitely vary :-)

Best
Hugh