Re: Blank Nodes Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

Henry you mentioned keys earlier, I should be clearer and say that by
incomplete I mean in terms of key attributes for equality checking. For a
blank node of type Person it's not likely the attribute "ancestor" would be
a key, that information could be missing, it's more likely something like
nationality and social security number for example would be relied upon.

It's definitely useful to work with partial information, but I'd type it as
such. A blank node with a numerator property but not a denominator property
I would allow to exist but I wouldn't type it as a Fraction.

Just FYI, in Swift there is what you describe, they're called "optionals".
There can be a value there of a specific type, or nothing, and yes you do
end up with lots of if statements but they're useful.

Anthony