Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

From: Ruben Verborgh (UGent-imec) <Ruben.Verborgh@UGent.be>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 23:31:55 +0000
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
CC: semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi David,

> I very much hope that you will post any suggestions you have about how we could make the RDF ecosystem easier, based on your work.

– build JavaScript libraries and things that work in the browser
– build powerful query engines such that app developers do not need to write HTTP requests
 (every data access should be a query, read or write)
– build examples ourselves of things that are working on the Web, with Web data

…

– convince our community of the necessity of this.
This is incredibly important.
 Front-end devs I talked to did not want to work with triples.
 By giving them tools, we enabled them to be enthusiastic about Linked Data.

Best,

Ruben