Re: Semantic Web + GraphQL

Hi all,

On Fri, 2018-08-31 at 11:34 +0200, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> This could also be of interest: "Semantics and Complexity of GraphQL"
> https://users.dcc.uchile.cl/~jperez/papers/www2018_preprint.pdf

Martynas, thanks for mentioning our work.

Otávio, in the above-mentioned paper we have studied fundamental,
computation-related properties of the GraphQL query language. I also
have a blog post that provides a high-level informal summary of our
results. You may want to read this post first before trying to dig into
the math-heavy details of the paper. Find the post at:

http://blog.liu.se/olafhartig/2018/08/08/lightweight-summary-of-our-paper-semantics-and-complexity-of-graphql/

Since you mention combining Semantic Web technologies with GraphQL, I
should say that our work in this paper has nothing to do with Semantic
Web technologies. However, I am certain that the formalizations of
GraphQL as introduced in our paper can serve you well as a foundation
for formalizing whatever you are going to do.

Best,
Olaf