Re: coin for knowledge

Thanks for sharing all this interesting work -- very useful! There is
also some early (but already exciting) work around the topic by the
Semantic Web journal and we hope to be able to show something soon.

Best,
Krzysztof

On 09/18/2017 12:49 AM, Alexander Garcia Castro wrote:
> Thanks for the emails. interesting all of them.
>
> this is very in point with the discussion,
>
> https://datasciencehub.net/content/special-issue-distributed-ledgers-making-data-science-more-open-transparent-and-accountable
>
> this is a special issue that addresses issues in open science,
> scholarly communication, e-science etc and how could blockchain tech
> help in disrupting and innovating. we are also interested in having a
> venue for researchers that are currently investigating aspects like
> AI, deep learning, semantics, machine learning, etc in decentralised
> ledgers.
>
> Please feel free to email any of the editors directly if you have any
> question wrt this special issue. We feel this is such an important
> moment for this technology to be applied and researched in areas
> different from cryptocurrencies.
>

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:32 AM, John.Domingue
> <john.domingue@open.ac.uk <mailto:john.domingue@open.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Alexander, you can find some preliminary thoughts that Mike
>     Sharples and myself have on using blockchains as an academic
>     reputational currency system at:
>
>     Sharples, Mike <http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/ms8679.html> and
>     Domingue, John
>     <http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/jbd2.html> (2016). The
>     Blockchain and Kudos: A Distributed System for Educational Record,
>     Reputation and Reward. In: Verbert, K.; Sharples, M. and Klobučar,
>     T. eds. /Adaptive and Adaptable Learning: Proceedings of 11th
>     European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL 2015),
>     Lyon, France, 13 - 16 September 2016./ Lecture Notes in Computer
>     Science. Switzerland: Springer, pp. 490–496.
>
>     http://oro.open.ac.uk/46663/
>
>     best
>
>     John
>
>     _________________________________________
>     Prof. John Domingue
>     Director, Knowledge Media Institute,
>
>     The Open University
>     Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
>     phone: 0044 1908 653800
>     email: john.domingue@open.ac.uk <mailto:john.domingue@open.ac.uk>
>     twitter: https://twitter.com/johndmk <https://twitter.com/johndmk>
>     web: kmi.open.ac.uk/people/domingue/
>     <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/domingue/>
>
>     blockchain.open.ac.uk <http://blockchain.open.ac.uk/>
>
>     President, STI International
>     Amerlingstrasse 19
>     <https://maps.google.com/?q=Amerlingstrasse+19&entry=gmail&source=g>/35,
>     Austria - 1060 Vienna
>     phone: 0043 1 23 64 002 - 16
>     email: john.domingue@sti2.org <mailto:john.domingue@sti2.org> web:
>     www.sti2.org <http://www.sti2.org>
>
>     *From: *<cpesquita@gmail.com <mailto:cpesquita@gmail.com>> on
>     behalf of Catia Pesquita <cpesquita@di.fc.ul.pt
>     <mailto:cpesquita@di.fc.ul.pt>>
>     *Date: *Wednesday, 13 September 2017 at 08:14
>     *To: *Alexander Garcia Castro <alexgarciac@gmail.com
>     <mailto:alexgarciac@gmail.com>>
>     *Cc: *SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org <mailto:semantic-web@w3.org>>
> [...]

Krzysztof Janowicz

4830 Ellison Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4060

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu
Webpage: http://geog.ucsb.edu/~jano/