Re: [DBpedia-discussion] Call for Ontology Editor demos for DBpedia

On 7/6/17 11:02 AM, Paul Houle wrote:
> I would disagree.
>
> The DBpedia Ontology is not designed to support any specific kind of
> reasoning.

That's a  bit of an over generalization, don't you think? Here's a
simple ontology exploration example via the following steps:

1. Goto http://dbpedia.org/fct/
2. Type in http://schema.org/Person .

At this juncture you have all instances of schema:Person class as per
the document at:
http://dbpedia.org/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.org%2FPerson&urilookup=1

Jump to the last page i.e., goto:
http://dbpedia.org/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.org%2FPerson&distinct=1&p=1&lp=12434&op=-1&last=&gp=1

In a nutshell, there are some ontological (tbox) relations in place
(e.g., owl:equivalentClass, rdfs:subClassOf etc..) that are useful for
reasoning and inference.

Kingsley

--
Regards,