Re: sameAs.org

From: Miel Vander Sande <Miel.VanderSande@UGent.be>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 20:14:42 +0000
To: Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org>
Hi Hugh,

> On 06 Feb 2017, at 19:10, Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org> wrote:
>
> I'm probably missing something, but don't I need a SPARQL endpoint for the TPF server?

You certainly don’t; but you can, if you want. The TPF server publishes a datasource through a Web API that only accepts triple patterns. What type of datasource you use is up to you.

We mostly use HDT (http://rdfhdt.org <http://rdfhdt.org/>), because it is very compact and very performant for the TPF server. You can also use a SPARQL endpoint as datasource, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

SPARQL queries are possible, but they are executed by the client. Check out http://client.linkeddatafragments.org/ <http://client.linkeddatafragments.org/> for instance. It queries http://fragments.dbpedia.org/en <http://fragments.dbpedia.org/en> by default, but this could be any other TPF interface.

Cheers,

Miel