Re: SKOS modeling

Hi Folsom

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016, at 18:19, Folsom, Steven wrote:
> I’d be curious to know what objections exist, if any, for using dog
> species Classes as the subject of the book in the case below. E.g.
>
> book1 :about :DalmationsClass .
No objection against this statement. But would it allow to conclude that
book1 is about :DogsClass? I don't think so.

But the following statement should probably not be true as books can be
about things other than classes.

:about rdfs:range owl:Class.

By contrast, given the liberal definition of skos:Concet the following
is probably true

:about rdfs:range skos:Concept.

So :DalmationsClass  would be both an owl:Class and a skos:Concept.
Which is fine.

Cheers,
Reto

--