Re: RDF and the Test of Independent Invention

On Apr 30, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2016 1:28 AM, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:
>
> >> OK, so perhaps in future, this problem will be solved, if people move to accepting predicates as literals.  But maybe that wont happen too.  I am unsure here.
> >
> > I must admit I can't see any plausible use case for this, unlike some other generalizations of RDF syntax (literals in subject position, blank nodes in predicate position) which do have real uses.
>
> One possible use case would be to embed something roughly equivalent to CycL Kappa expressions (anonymous predicates).

Surely that would be a blank node, rather than a literal, in property position. That, I agree, could be a real use case.

Pat
> That would allow for negative property assertions, inverse assertions, and even disjunctive assertions.
>
> I don't know if that rises to the level of plausible though...
>
> Simon

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)