Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

Am 29.02.2016 um 00:22 schrieb Mike Bergman:
> Hi Juan,
>
> On 2/28/2016 5:08 PM, Juan Sequeda wrote:
>> talk about a blast from the past!!!
>>
>> RDF is a graph data model.
>> RDFS,OWL,SKOS are schema, ontology, taxonomy languages
>> SPARQL is a graph query language.
>
> I like your shorthand.
>
> Mike
This is also the understanding I have, and the understanding, which I
have of the 2nd and 3rd/4th layers.

As those points depict, I think the idea of the layer cake is also to
have a simple (but maybe not complete or even completely correct)
diagram to tell people, what you are doing. E.g. where about your
technology/methodology/software/standard/… is located and what it cares
about.
I think specification of all the stuff is done in other places.

Further: sorry I didn't want to unleash the whole debate about the XML
Layer again. But since I can't keep my comment behind: I think RDF still
inherited concepts from XML, e.g. namespace
(https://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-xml-names-20091208/). So the layer
should not stand for all serialization formats, but for some fundamental
concepts.

Finally, I assume the Layer Cake
(https://www.w3.org/2007/03/layerCake.svg) stands for itself and it is
up to us, to add further interpretation, as we like … (while there is no
enclosing document).

Natanael