Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

On 02/26/2016 09:23 AM, Natanael Arndt wrote:
> Dear Juan,
> did you find any answer to to this question?
>
> And is the 2007/03 Version still the current Layer Cake?

The biggest problem with that layer cake is that it shows XML as part of
the foundation, which it isn't.  XML is pretty much irrelevant.  It was
historically used for the first standard serialization of RDF (known as
RDF/XML).  But we now have better standard RDF serializations such as
Turtle and JSON-LD (the latest, based on JSON).  It is very misleading
to have XML in the layer cake.

David Booth