Re: Link relations between revisions of documents

I've done some exploratory modelling [1] for something very like this recently,
based on the PROV ontology [2].  The example is based on recording a series of
edits performed using Inkscape on a given document.

Key elements of the modelling are: (a) a URI for the document over its lifetime,
(b) duri: URIs [3] for the various revisions, (c) prov:specializationOf to
relate the individual revisions to the overall document, and (d)
prov:wasDerivedFrom to relate the revisions.

A key constraint here is that the PROV properties should be applied to generally
static resources - they are designed record particular historical facts which
are presumed to apply without contextual constraint to the identified entity
resource.

This is at the moment just exploratoryso I can't claim this is currently "in
practice".  Also the duri: scheme is not permanently registered, but something
similar could be done using http: URIs (and/or Memento [5]?).

#g
--

[1] http://annalist.atuin.ninebynine.org/annalist/c/artivity_example/d/

     (The example here is presented using my work-in-progress Annalist linked
data notebook software [4])

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/

[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-dated-uri-10

[4] https://github.com/gklyne/annalist