Improviong the ORCID RDF

Hi Phil,

I saw you wrote up our earlier ORCID RDF discussion on

http://www.w3.org/2015/03/orcid-semantics

Thanks!

I generally agree with the improvements suggested, and apologize for
my quick "trick" in using the trailing /.

I would however not add #person - as it has been agreed since 2013
that an URI like http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704 identifies the
person, not just a person with the reserarcher role, or the
researcher's academic profile or anything like that.

Adding a second #-based identifier for the person in RDF would be
quite confusing as it means RDF then only gets a second-rate
identifier for the person, which doesn't match the identifier for the
person used in any other systems.

Getting rid of the / I fully agree on, however. The problem here is
with FOAF which has forced a particular solution to HTTP Range 14 by
having a distinct feature of a foaf:PersonalProfileDocument which is
an information resource, thus it shouldn't have a # URI.

(Of course we are not required to say anything about the
PersonalProfileDocument - but it was a nice way to give the PROV info
about when the ORCID profile was last updated)

Currently the ORCID URI content-negotiates and redirect to
https://pub.orcid.org/experimental_rdf_v1/0000-0003-0782-2704, so this
URI can safely be used as <> for the foaf:PersonalProfileDocument
(which would then still be correct when/if "experimental" goes)

For the foaf:OnlineAccount I agree that #account would work best. The
URI for the account is not really that important as long as it is
different from the person, and if it goes to a page the user can read,
that is great.

I'm arranging a Skype call (or equivalent) with Tom Demeranville
(CCed) from ORCID to discuss this next week, perhaps if Phil and
others who care about ORCID's RDF have availability you could join for
a quick chat?

If you are interested, please mark your availability in the doodle poll at:

http://doodle.com/poll/shmnn9nc3g5i84zr

Thanks!

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, eScience Lab