Re: New LOD dataset for media types

Silvio,

Thanks for this work on ontologies for media types. Is there any overlap
here with https://schema.org/MediaObject ?

BTW, the W3C has a really nice process in place for IRI persistence.
Perhaps establish something like https://w3id.org/sparontologies/mediatype/
and redirect for your server. I believe you could have stronger adoption
and use of your ontology if you adopt a good IRI design and persistence
strategy up front.

There are several nice things about the W3C permanent identifier approach.
For example:

1) longevity of the IRI (if sparontologies.net ceased to exist for whatever
reason, the ontologies could be maintained elsewhere by updating the w3id
target URL/redirect.

2) You don't have to worry about configuring a server for content
negotiation. The w3id.org server is already set up to handle content neg
using apache.

3) It uses github to sync with the w3id.org server and has a strong
commitment from several folks from the W3C and other organizations heavily
invested in the web. You simply add your .htaccess files and submit a pull
request. PURL.org is current disabled and not allowing even existing users
to login and manage their PURLs. The interface and approach for PURL.org is
cumbersome.

Regards,

J Haag

Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative
+1.850.266.7100(office)
+1.850.471.1300 (mobile)
jhaag75 (skype)
http://linkedin.com/in/jasonhaag