Re: DBpedia-based RDF dumps for Wikidata

Hello Dimitris,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 05:50:24PM +0300, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
> > I guess $getDBpediaClass will not return a match very often.
> We got ~ 8M type statements using this mapping

I found ca. 13M such statements in Wikidata so this seems to be a reasonable
success rate. But I count 19230 classes in Wikidata compared to 685 in
DPpedia. There must be information loss. I see two possibilities:

-The mapping includes subclassOf mappings to that X a Y gets translated to
 X a Z where DBpedia class Z is a superclass of Wikidata class Y?

-You are missing most of the less popular Wikidata classes

> > Are there any
> > plans to massively expand the DBpedia ontology and maybe make the DBpedia
> > classes real citizens of DBpedia?
> >

> I am not sure I understand you suggestion exactly.

I suspect that Wikidata will be more useful than DBpedia as it has much more
classes.

> We already have
> equivalent class links to Wikidata and the following as an open task
> https://github.com/dbpedia/ontology-tracker/issues/5
> Would something like this cover you

No

> or are you against standalone ontologies in general?

No

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--