Re: SPARQLES usage

On Wednesday 7. January 2015 13.31.33 Carlos Buil Aranda wrote:
> Dear Semantic Web community,
>
> the main developers of SPARQLES, a tool for monitoring the SPARQL
> Endpoint Status (http://sparqles.okfn.org/) are gathering information
> about how SPARQLES is being used by the community to see what
> improvements could be made.
>
> If you have been using it in any way, can you please send us an email
> describing how you used it?

I have used it in several ways:

1) First, it helped us find and fix some bugs in the SPARQL Perl implementations, RDF::Trine, RDF::Query
and RDF::Endpoint.

2) Motivate implementing a new architecture with a Varnish proxy. Nice to see the speedups. And get
bragging rights!

3) Actually see what kind of problems my endpoint had in practice.

4) To extract a list of endpoints that ought to be responding. I used that for my ISWC Lightning talk, and for
a much larger paper I'm writing right now.

However, recently, it doesn't seem to be updating anymore, the availability graph isn't updating on the front
page, and my own endpoint in there
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.lenka.no%2Fsparql
has just a single data point, back in november. I think this is an important service for the community, and I
hope you will maintain it and develop it further.

Cheers,

Kjetil