Re: Semiotic metamodel : Concept, Thing ans Sign

Hi, sorry for the delay in the response too.

Yes, maybe I'm ambitious. And maybe I don't have all the tools/skills I
need at hand when I try to develop or communicate my ideas.

I was surprised when someone told that only using RDF Schema is possible to
infer types. Actually, I'm currently inferring type information on
arbitrary sets of entities using only their properties information. When I
know that many subjects share the same set of properties I can be allowed
to think that they belong to the same class. And when they share the same
values for their properties, I can infer they are in a similar 'state'
(i.e.: single / married, student / employee, etc).

Using RDF as the core format where many data sources converge, and this
kind of metadata information from the RDF I'll try to observe 'Concepts' to
which classes/types belong. It's a kind of role or meta class where some
instances of Things are classified. Things are abstract subjects of
discurse of what references or Signs can be made of. For example, Woody
Allen has an occurrence (manifestation of existence) as the director
(concept / role) of some movie (another Thing).

The goal is to be able to take note of all of those relationships in a kind
of index where equivalences between different sources of data talking about
the same subjects, in a different vocabulary, can be deduced. This is the
intention of many Semantic Web projects already, and this metadata
(de)aggregation would benefit a lot from linked data sources.

Luckily I could develop an (ongoing) proof of concept project of what I
propose, which I'm hosting at googlecode:

https://code.google.com/p/cognescent/ (checkout sources only in the CBI
folder)

It's a Java Web Application project with instructions in how to exec in the
README. It's a work in progress. It provides an OData frontend, browse
service document, instances and metadata, all from any RDF datasource. It
can also be configured to use a relational database modifying Main.java
manually (for now). It translates the relational data to RDF to perform
model set up.

Best regards,
Sebastian.