Re: WWW2016 Call for Research Papers (apologies for cross-posting)

On 2015-08-20 15:29, Ian Horrocks wrote:
> See http://www2016.ca/calls-for-papers/call-for-research-papers.html for details and information on how to submit.

> All submitted papers must
>
>     be written in English
>     contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses
>     be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings template (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates) with a font size no smaller than 9pt
>     be in PDF (make sure that the PDF can be viewed on any platform), and formatted for US Letter size
>     occupy no more than ten pages, including the abstract and appendices, but excluding references.

"If once we were able to view the Borges fable in which the
cartographers of the Empire draw up a map so detailed that it ends up
covering the territory exactly [...] this fable has now come full circle
for us, and possesses nothing but the discrete charm of second-order
simulacrum [...] It is the real, and not the map, whose vestiges persist
here and there in the deserts that are no longer those of the Empire,
but ours. The desert of the real itself."

-- Simulacra and Simulation

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i