Re: Question on dereferenceable RIF rules

Thank you very much Dave!

Your answer was indeed helpful, and I was looking more into the details of the specification.
What I would actually need in my case, would be to have a rule declared an rdfs:Resource or rdfs:Class. This way I could solve the issue of dereferencing and make it easier to  embed rules within my Linked Data documents.

For example in OWL I can reference a specific class since those are rdfs:Class equivalent and a server can reference them by convention.
Do you think that such an approach would actually make sense also in RIF(and/or SWRL)?

This way I could declare that I have a rule, named Rule1 which is located in a remote server, reference it as
http://example.org/mydocument#rule1
and link it to another document, in a similar manner like the Linked Data paradigm.

Of course this would need an updated reasoner implementation for RIF as proof of concept, but I think it could scale and make rules reusable over the web.
At the moment I see almost no SWRL /RIF in any Linked Data documents around (based on my experience of course) and maybe there is a correlation with this.

Kind regards,
Michael Petychakis.