Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

From: Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:49:28 +0100
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com> writes:

>>> So someone has to package this up so that it can be easily used.  Before then,
>>> how can it be required for conferences?
>>
>> http://svn.gnu.org.ua/sources/tex4ht/trunk/bin/ht/unix/xhmlatex
>
> Somehow this is not in my tex4ht package.
>
> In any case, the HTML output it produces is dreadful.   Text characters, even
> outside math, are replaced by numeric XML character entity references.

So, I am willing to spend some time getting this to work. I would like
to plug some ESWC papers into tex4ht, to get some HTML which works plain
and also with Sarven's templates so that it *looks* like a PDF.

Would you be willing to a) try it and b) give worked and short test
cases for things that do not work?

Phil