Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 17:15:35 -0400
To: public-lod@w3.org, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 10/5/14 6:19 AM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> >On 5 Oct 2014, at 11:07, Michael Brunnbauer<brunni@netestate.de>  wrote:

>> >Basic metadata is good. Publishing datasets with the paper is good. Having
>> >typed links in the paper is good. But I would not demand to go further.
>> >
> +1
> ++1 - the dataset publishing can include the workflow, tools etc, and metadata about that.

+1

For context. Hence, my +1 for Hugh's detailed example which also veers
towards building on a variety of existing efforts rather than "ripping
and replacing" etc..

The data behind these papers doesn't need to be locked in tables, in
PDFs. Neither do the descriptions of the data in question (the so called
metadata), or the workflows involved.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen