Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

metadata, sure. it is a must. BUT good and thought for the web of data. not
designed for paper based collections. From my experience it is not so much
about representing everything from the paper as triplets. there will be
statements that won't be representable, also, such approach may not be
efficient.

why don't we just go a little bit further up from the lowest hanging fruit
and start talking about self describing documents? well annotated documents
with well structured metadata that are interoperable. this is easy,
achievable, requires little tooling, does not put any burden on the author,
delivers interoperability beyond just simple hyperlinks, it is much more
elegant than adhering to HTML, etc.

--
Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/