Re: dependency analysis of OWL axioms

This is not quite a full answer, but may be useful :

Grau, Bernardo Cuenca, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, and Yevgeny Kazakov.*History
matters: Incremental ontology reasoning using modules*. Springer Berlin
Heidelberg, 2007.

http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/isg/people/yevgeny.kazakov/publications/confs/CueHalKaz07Incremental.pdf

Pellet code:
https://github.com/clarkparsia/pellet/tree/master/modularity

Modularity  code in owlapi (layered on C&P code) :

https://github.com/owlcs/owlapi/tree/master/tools/src/main/java/org/semanticweb/owlapi/modularity
-->
https://github.com/owlcs/owlapi/tree/master/tools/src/main/java/uk/ac/manchester/cs/owlapi/modularity
-->