Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Any23 1.0 Release

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your email.
Please see my replies inline.

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>wrote:

> Do you ever expect to fully support RDFa 1.1?

Yeah we do. Eventually someone will get around to it. If this is an itch
you have, we would very much encourage you to itch it and push it back into
the Any23 codebase ;)

> Look like it's just RDFa 1.0 with prefix support, even that fails many
> tests.

Based on which version of Any23? Have you tried this new release or are you
just stating this based on your previous experience/assumptions?
Please refer to thhe following ticket for a new RDFa parser proposal which
can be considered as the flagship issue of the 1.0 release.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANY23-137

I think in the past, we've suggested using alternative Java RDFa
> implementations; both Semargl [1] and clj-rdfa [2] are quite performant
> (substantially faster than the any23 endpoint [3]) and fully conforms to
> the spec.

The end point you refer to has recently been overhauled and will be updated
with nightly SNAPSHOT's of stable Any23 code from now on. I've just jumped
on to leading this initiative so please bare with us until our scripts pull
the next build some time tonight.

> Running the basic test suite[4] shows you passing only 58 out of 170 tests.

Again, based on what version of Any23?
We are currently at 1.0. I would however really like to work with whoever
runs this service to improve the stats as much as possible... once I know
what the stats are actually quantifying and representing.

Thanks
Lewis