Re: Question re Triplestore/LDP on top of Postgre

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de> wrote:

> Hello Harry,
>
> are there actually pros or a necessity of using RDF as data model/backend for
> this app?
>
> If the app does not have to handle arbitrary triples and the data model is
> mostly fixed, use a RDB and a relational data model. You can still publish the
> data as RDF and there are solutions to offer SPARQL on top that.

We expect we want interop with LDP to work with some other systems,
and we expect that while the core of the data model will be mostly
fixed, it will change enough and there will be sorts of misc. data
that justify having a triplestore.

The question is whether or not we can find a mature triplestore that
also lets us store the data in Postgre and has acceptable performance,
with bonus points for LDP conformance.

Thanks for the pointers everyone!