Re: What should we call RDF's ability to allow multiple models to peacefully coexist, interconnected?

Hello Timothy,

I am not a friend of the data model / ontology distinction but I will use it
here: A data model generally has less semantics, reusability and explicit
knowledge than an ontology.

You can map XML Schema to OWL automatically but what you have then is still
more data model than ontology.

With your approach, the step from data model to ontology is discreet while
with RDF, it would be continuous.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer