Re: ISO 15926, semantic web enhancement of ISO 10303

On Tue, 2014-07-15 at 16:39 -0500, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> Is ISO 15926 the only industry specific application of the semantic
> web? Are there other standards that give a semantic web enhancement to
> ISO 10303?

Did you see the W3C Product Modeling incubator effort [1]? It has
references to prior work, but is a few years old now.

In my experience, after several years fervently believing in the power
of "the right schema" for product modeling, I have come around to the
realization that design/manufacturing operations are not suffering from
lack of "the right schema". Semantic web technologies can help immensely
in this domain, but I have not found how these particular standards will
help in my day-to-day work (supporting aerospace design and
manufacturing).

Do you have some specific application or features in mind that you think
will benefit from being cast into an ISO-10303 AP mold?

Regards,
--Paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/w3pm/XGR-w3pm-20091008/