Re: RDF constraint language (was Re: An alternative RDF)

On 2014-07 -10, at 20:07, Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> My issue is different: It is how to avoid invalid data on loading a new RDF file from the Web, or else what to do if the data is invalid.

Victor,

That is a reasonable question, but not a general one.  You can't expect a general answer.
That question

	How can I find reliable information, or in a world of unreliable information decide which to believe?

is the one every system and every person faces all the time -- it is the core of having a life,
running a business, fighting a war, doing science, etc.  It really depends immensely on  what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to build a general tool for unknown users, then it would be wise to build on lots of command line parameters for when the things is run, to allow the end user to put the working assumptions which they can make in that particular context apply.    Often people have processing chains between different pools of data, which have been made using different assumptions, and which are using for different purposes, even in the same system.

RDF is general language for expressing and storing information.  It doesn't prejudge any of these issues.  You can use RDF whatever your assumptions are, with different toolchains.

timbl