Re: Transforming RDF into (non-binary!) trees

On Jul 6, 2014, at 3:19 PM, Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> 06.07.2014, 23:05, "Simon Spero" <sesuncedu@gmail.com>:
>> [I'm  not sure if the original poster is looking to construct trees of rdf statements, represent trees in rdf, or represent n-ary predicates. The last requires creating a new object.  Some patterns for doing this are described in [2] (this note predates OWL 2.0, so HasKey axioms were not available).]
>>

> The thing I want is to convert RDF structures like Turtle examples in my draft:
>
> http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml
>
> into an Ada (or you can think about an other programming language) data structure (tree in fact) which should be easy to work with programatically.
>
> In the examples there are anonymous nodes, which should be get rid of as they are not an inherent part of the tree structure.

Do you mean blank nodes? If so, they ARE an inherent part of RDF graphs, and cannot be "got rid of" without changing the menaing of the RDF, in many cases destroying it completely.

Pat Hayes

> By the way the structure can be validated, for example not allowing >1 childs when there must be 0..1 childs, and like this.
>
> It seems that nobody has done this highly useful programming job. So I am going to do it in Ada (after I finish Ada bindings for librdf). Someone should afterward rewrite my Ada code into other programming languages).
>
> --
> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)