RE: Vocabulary for HTTP headers

From: エリクソン トーレ <t-eriksson@so.taisho.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:37:38 +0000
To: Richard Smith <richard@ex-parrot.com>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
> Richard Smith [mailto:richard@ex-parrot.com]
> It seems to me that many HTTP headers are just another way of expressing
> metadata about resources, and would map naturally to RDF predicates.  For
> example

>    ETag: 7f4cd251e2a7b8584d686bc06454a50e6ae1aaaa
>
> might map to
>
>    @prefix http: <http://example.com/http/> .
>    <foo.jpg> http:contentType "image/jpeg" ;
>      http:contentLength 514090 ;
>      http:eTag "7f4cd251e2a7b8584d686bc06454a50e6ae1aaaa" .

Allow me to point out that Content-Type and Content-Length are meta data not
describing the resource, but the entity body/representation (httpRange-14 and
all that). For an internal application conflating these into one compound
resource is one way of modelling, but in my experience keeping them separate
makes things clearer in the end.

For what it's worth,
Tore