Re: finding a triple on the web

From: Laurens Rietveld <laurens.rietveld@vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:39:28 +0100
To: Mark Wallace <mwallace@modusoperandi.com>
CC: Brent Shambaugh <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>

>  I'm not a linked data expert, but if you are looking to query for RDF
> triples from the "wild and woolly internet", I'd say you'd need a
> semantic web index such as http://sindice.com/​.  Alternatively, you can
> query RDF data sets that are published by organizations, such as
> http://dbpedia.org <http://dbpedia.org/About>. (See [] for more of these.)
>
> An alternative to this would be the LOD Laundromat [1]. This (re)
publishes many Linked Datasets in the same gzipped n-triple/quad format. To
get started, there are some example scripts [2] which query the LOD
Laundromat endpoint for datasets, and stream through the data dumps

gr Laurens

[1] http://lodlaundromat.org
[2] https://github.com/LODLaundry/GettingStarted/

--