AW: vCard Ontology MD questions

From: Klee, Carsten <Carsten.Klee@sbb.spk-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:58:32 +0000
To: 'Renato Iannella' <ri@semanticidentity.com>
CC: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "Rolschewski, Johann" <Johann.Rolschewski@sbb.spk-berlin.de>, "'Adrian Pohl' (pohl@hbz-nrw.de)" <pohl@hbz-nrw.de>, "Heise, Andreas" <Andreas.Heise@sbb.spk-berlin.de>, "voss@gbv.de" <voss@gbv.de>
> Hi Carsten, I can see the utility of having hasIndividual,
> hasOrganisation, hasLocation, and hasGroup properties for clearer
> relationships between the four vCard Kinds.
>
> In some respects, hasContact is a short-cut for hasRelated to a Resource
> of type "Contact".
> We could apply the same idea to the 20 relationship types [1]. Hence we
> could also have a hasAgent property, and even a hasSweetheart (my
> favourite ;-)

I see. Then I will stick to the hasRelated property. And I think my solution then will look like:

$orgOrSite
    vcard:hasAddress $addr ;
    vcard:hasEmail $email1, $email2, $email3 ;
    vcard:hasTelephone $telephone1, $telephone2, $telephone3 .
    vcard:hasRelated $contact3 .

$addr
    vcard:hasRelated $email1, $email2, $telephone1, $telephone2, $contact1, $contact2 .

$email1
$telephone1
    vcard:hasRole $contact1 .

$email2
$telephone2
    vcard:hasRole $contact2 .

$email3
$telephone3
    vcard:hasRole $contact3 .

$contact1
    dc:description "contact1 info" ;
    vcard:role "role1" .

$contact2
    dc:description "contact2 info" .
    vcard:role "role2" .

$contact3
    dc:description "contact3 info" .
    vcard:role "role3" .

Now all telephone numbers and email addresses can be queried directly for $orgOrSite and the hierarchy and the roles are also represented.

Cheers!

Carsten