Fellowships for PostDocs from developing countries

From: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:53:16 +0100
To: SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Dear all,

German Humboldt foundation is sponsoring fellowships for post-doctoral
researchers from developing countries [1]:

http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/georgforster

The topics pursued during such a fellowship should also be of relevance
to the future development of the fellows country of origin.

I think Linked Data and semantic technologies have the potential to
address societal challenges (in developing countries).

If you are or know someone from a developing country working on (or
interested in) a topic of relevance for development, please point him to
the announcement! We and I'm sure also many other German Semantic Web
research groups would be happy to host such fellows.

Best,

Sören

[1]
http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/wt_show.text_page?p_text_id=1513

--
Enterprise Information Systems, Computer Science, University of Bonn
http://eis.iai.uni-bonn.de

Fraunhofer Institute Intelligent Analysis & Information Systems (IAIS)
Organized Knowledge -- http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de

Skype: soerenauer, Mobile +4915784988949

http://linkedin.com/in/soerenauer
https://twitter.com/SoerenAuer