Re: non opaque primary topics

From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 18:39:41 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org
On 05/07/2013 11:08 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> the standard model in sem web seems to be
>
> <> foaf : primaryTopic <#relative-uri>
>
> I've seen 4 relatively common relative URIs used here and there
>
> 1. #me -- common in foafs
> 2. #i -- often used by timbl and tobyink
> 3. #this -- used by kingsley as per the 'this' keyword in OO
> 4. # -- used by facebook and others
>
> It's a very common case that a document will contain one primary topic
> and I want to standarize all of my pages (mainly robots) into one of
> these 4.
>
> It seems to me that (4) is the most sensible choice, after "it doesnt
> matter".
>
> Does anyone have any preference here?

#i user here.

"i" can be interpreted as a short form of "info" or "information", which
is arguably the most commonly acknowledged term (sorry I can't cite at
the moment).

"i" is just a letter i.e., not necessarily a way to refer to one's
individuality as it is in English.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i