Re: non opaque primary topics

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 17:31:07 +0200
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 7 May 2013 23:26, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> URIs are opaque, so it doesn't matter at all :-)

URIs are not opaque, the first : has a special meaning.  Sometimes the
final # has a special meaning.

Opacity is simply good engineering.

However, there's a tradeoff between opacity and utility.

For example ebay.com is worth millions more than
dhadkgkadgkdhakdhfkdhkhdadhs.com

Heuristics provide tips for search engines.

Given that I have to choose one of the 4 ... I'm trying to optimize which
to use.  The argument against # alone is that the javascript
window.location.hash may give an incorrect result, however the pro is that
# is very commonly used.  I like to try and keep consistent patterns where
possible, all other things being equal...