Re: Yosemite Manifesto on RDF as a Universal Healthcare Exchange Language

All;
"No data arrangement is forced on you when you expose what you have" - i disagree. the very act of exposure presumes a model, presumes rules of exposure, and relationships in that exposure. this is the data about the data that explains the data (the meta meta meta data) RDF exposes only a few rules and only a few relationships. so you can have a freer model to express yourself. BUT it comes at a price. you have to first embed the model into RDF. ie tell RDF what rules and relationships will be followed above those implied by RDF.

leaving any level out (and many do) leaves us with a collection of disconnected facts - a list of words.

my argument has been that RDF should be timeless. new entries should have the ability to be entered in real time.  parsing a file to find the right spot within the proper collection defeats the real strengths of RDF. the "model" can be imposed on the facts (on the facts thus far collected) at any time. if new relationships are entered RDF should have the ability to re-establish the "model" (the model thus far collected)

Paul Alagna - 732 322 5641
pjalagna@gmail.com