Re: Business Models, Profitability, and Linked Data

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> There have been a few recent threads on the LOD and Semantic
> Web mailing lists that boil down to the fundamental issues of
> profitability, business models, and Linked Data.
>
> Situation Analysis
> ==================
>
> Business Model Issue
> --------------------
>
> The problem with "Data"-oriented business models is that you
> ultimately have to deal with the issue of wholesale data copying
> without attribution. That's the key issue; everything else is
> a futile dance around this concern.

Why do you think that attribution is the key issue with data oriented
businesses?

I've spoken with a number of firms who have business models based on
data supply and have never once heard attribution being mentioned as
an issue for themselves or their customers. So I'm curious why you
think this is a problem.

Cheers,

L.

--