Re: There's No Money in Linked Data

From: Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <nandana.cse@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:31:38 +0200
To: Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@iscb.org>
Cc: Prateek <jainprateek@gmail.com>, public-lod@w3.org, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Andrea Splendiani <
andrea.splendiani@iscb.org> wrote:

> I think the issue is not whether there is money or not in linked data,
> but: how much money is in linked data ?
>
> Lot of money has been injected by research funds, maybe governments and
> maybe even industry.
> Is the business generated of less, more, or just about the same value ?

As it was mentioned several times in this thread, Linked Data for
Enterprise Application Integration has generated a lot of business and
there is a lot of money in it. One good example would be IBM Jazz products
[2] based on Linked Data [1].

Best Regards,
Nandana

[1] - https://jazz.net/story/about/about-jazz-platform.jsp