Re: Vocabulary for describing forms

On 7/16/2013 1:00, John Breslin wrote:
> Vocabulary for describing forms Hi all
>
> Does anyone know of a vocabulary describing forms / surveys?
>
> Things like text boxes, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc.

SPARQL Web Pages (SWP) [1] is an RDF-based system to represent HTML user
interfaces (and other textual formats such as XML or JSON). As one way
of operating, SWP includes an RDF vocabulary for HTML, allowing to
represent any combination of <div>s etc and their attributes. In
addition, new tags can be introduced as RDF classes, making it possible
to create higher-level languages to describe user interfaces based on
the more primitive elements. One out-of-the-box vocabulary that we use
is the SWA Forms vocabulary [2] which includes tags such as <swa:Object>
to represent a "suitable" widget for a given subject/predicate
combination. The SWA vocabulary also includes finer grained definitions
of those widgets, for example swa:DateEditor, swa:TextAreaEditor.

I don't know whether any of this is what you are looking for (and for
running this you would need TopBraid), but at least it might be
interesting how SWP layers a declarative ontology (of widgets etc) onto
an executable layer (of HTML tags). This means that SWP can be used to
describe user interfaces as linked data, and to associate domain
ontologies with suitable renderings.

Holger

[1] http://uispin.org/
[2] http://uispin.org/swa-forms.html