Re: Aaron is dead.

I hope sincerely that the untimely and unfortunate death of Aaron may
serve as a wake-up call for everyone anywhere in the world that these
digital freedoms and right which we take so much for granted are in fact not but are hard won rights which must continuously be defended.

Open
 access is an even more important issue because it lies at the core of
democratic governments which uphold the rule of law, which are
transparent and can be held accountable.

Unless we wake up we will see more unsavory things happening this year. Has anyone fully understood yet the scope of the Dubai WCIT 2012 Final text signed by 89 of the 152 members of the ITU?

All that the Internet stands for open access and freedom of speech will in theory now be at stake in those 89 countries that signed off for the final text.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands correctly refused to sign. I suggest everyone check if their respective governments refused to sign.

And what would happen if the control of the Internet became a UN task instead of the current arrangement?

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide by creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide and: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development