ontology merging

From: M.Hibbert <mh407@kent.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:27:50 +0000
To: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi,

I have a java program that needs to read in two ontologies (ontA and ontB), both of which import a third ontology (ontC) containing an upper common ontology that both ontA and ontB extend.

I would like the output of the java program to be an ontology (ontD) which contains ontA, ontB and ontC all merged into one.

Is the Alignment API the best tool for this or is there a better/simpler solution available?

Many thanks,
Mark