Re: foaf-search.net has been relaunched

From: Barry Norton <barrynorton@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 12:03:36 +0000
To: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>
Cc: Christophe Guéret <christophe.gueret@dans.knaw.nl>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Actually, I'd go one step further and ask that, since you have a fixed
record-oriented schema and don't need to query a lot of joins as far as I
can see (only foaf:knows?), do you need a relational DBMS even?

Couldn't you easily put the whole record into a NoSQL DBMS or, since you
concentrate on FTS, just index them in Lucene/Solr?

Barry