Re: How to put an annotation in HTML?

Hi Denny,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Denny VrandeÄić <
denny.vrandecic@wikimedia.de> wrote:

> Sorry, probably a stupid questions:
>
> Let us say, I have some HTML like this...

> winters.</p>
>
> And now, for example in order to simplify extraction, I want to annotate
> Springfield with an URI, maybe like this, to make sure that the computer
> understands I mean the Springfield in Massachusetts:

> has mild summers and short, but hard winters.</p>
>
> How do I actually do that?

Could you clarify which context are you in? Are you using a WYSIWYG editor,
or writing HTML by hand? I mean, the snippet above looks good, so are you
looking for services to help annotate and find the right URI? Have you
looked at Stanbol [1] which can detect DBpedia entities in unstructured
text? RDFaCE [2] is a TinyMCE plugin which can help with annotation as well.

Does that help?

Steph.

[1] https://stanbol.apache.org/
[2] http://aksw.org/Projects/RDFaCE.html

> Mind you, I don't want to add whole triples, but just annotate the HTML
> and say "this element refers to the following URI".
>
> Cheers,
> Denny
>

> --
> Project director Wikidata
> Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Obentrautstr. 72 | 10963 Berlin
> Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

Steph.