Re: Good introduction into ISO 15926 and OWL

Hi Yury,

You can find a links thread about the 15926 here [1].

To answer your question, yes ISO 15926 is a Semantic Web standard and an
upper ontology, albeit it is divided in parts such that some parts are
computer language independent.

Yes the purpose of the standard is interoperability between companies in
the supply chain of facilities construction, or data integration between
engineering software suites. There is already a reasonable amount of
software, open source public domain. Software companies are working on
commercial software. Some already offer it for a while.

[1] http://15926.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71