Re: vCard Update

From: James McKinney <james@opennorth.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:39:13 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Why create single-property classes like Email, Nickname, FormattedName, Note etc? Is it to allow users to extend those classes? Has that been identified as a real need based on feedback from the last vCard RDF?

In any ontology, a balance must be struck between flexibility and simplicity. I'd prefer to have properties like email, nickname, formattedName, note etc that have a range of xsd:string, and to remove all the single-property classes except where there is a compelling use case for extending that class.

James

From: Renato Iannella <renato@iannella.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:02:22 +1000