Re: Incrementing a literal

Responding to the original message, we saw this as a need in general to be able to
do something indivisible, for generating cloakroom tickets or next ids or
whatever. In general, distributed systems must have some form of P/V flag.
So the plan is currently:

	DELETE { :c1 :value } INSERT DATA { c1 :value  23}

must then give an error if the value has already been incremented by
someone else.  Then the client rolls back, re-reads the RDF resource,
and tries again in a moment.

See  "Note 409 conflict"  section of http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/ReadWriteLinkedData.html

Tim