Re: Current agreement upon named graphs

On 9 Nov 2012, at 12:38, Olivier Rossel wrote:
> I have been out of the semantic web for some time, and I would like to know
> the current agreement upon named graphs.
>
> Here are my questions:
> - can a triple belong to several named graphs?

Yes.

> - can the argument of the SPARQL "GRAPH" keyword  be *a list* of named graph?

No. It can, however, be a variable, so you can do stuff like this (in SPARQL 1.1):

SELECT * {
    VALUES ?graph { <graph1> <graph2> <graph3> }
    GRAPH ?graph {
    }
}

(Not tested.)

> if yes, is this list considered to be the union of all those named graphs?

No, the graph pattern is evaluated against each graph individually.

> - is there a plan to investigate algebra of named graphs, such as :
> (namedGraph1 && !namedGraph2) || namedGraph3?

There is no central place where plans to investigate things are registered :-) So I don't know.

Best,
Richard