Re: Free RDFa Extension for Magento Commerce Released

Hi Jeff,
thanks, very interesting! If the goal is to add GoodRelations e-commerce markup, then this free extension (running on almost 5,000 shops) may be a bit easier to use

    http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/semantium/extension/2838/semantium_msemanticbasic#overview

because it already contains optimized RDFa recipes for Google and Yahoo. Plus, it is Template-independent, i.e., it will not break if you modify the original themes.

You may want to add predefined GoodRelations patterns to your extension, because that is likely the most important use-case for adding RDFa to a shop.

Best wishes

Martin

On May 18, 2012, at 12:02 AM, jeff@customerparadigm.com wrote:

> For anyone who works with the Magento platform (used by 20% of the top 1 million eCommerce sites), we've just released a free RDFa extension, as RDF or RDFa wasn't built into the framework of the platform:
> http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/12948/s/easy-rdfa-tags-2764/
>
> (Note: the extension works only off of the default base theme.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Jeff
>
> Jeff Finkelstein
> Customer Paradigm