Re: [Correction] :BaseKB Pro Now Available For Download

Dear Paul:

First of all, I think it is inappropriate to use these mailing lists for blunt advertisement.

Second, I wonder what your revenue model is, because if you truly grant a licensor a

    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

license on your work, as stated on your homepage, then a single paying customer could regularly download and share your data with the world for free. Any university could do so on safe legal grounds. So your expected monthly revenues will be $ 199 in total.

Is that what you intend?

Best

Martin Hepp

On Jun 19, 2012, at 2:23 AM, Paul Houle wrote:

> Today Ontology2 released :BaseKB Pro, possibly the first RDF data file
> for sale to the general public.
>
> Priced at $199 a month, a subscription to :BaseKB Pro allows customers
> unlimited access to the knowledge of Freebase, the basis for the Google
> Knowledge Graph.
>
> "The knowledge in :BaseKB is essential for systems that work with
> schema.org, the Facebook Open Graph, and other social-semantic systems,"
> said Ontology2 founder Paul Houle. "We've been pleased with the wide
> interest customers have shown in :BaseKB and :BaseKB Pro. We spent the
> last month talking to customers and used what we heard."
>
> According to Houle, the company designed a product that satisfies the
> needs of early adopters "who care about time to market and who don't
> want to experience an intrusive, time-consuming sales process."
>
> Ontology2 is the leader in data extraction from Freebase. It offers
> support contracts and specialized knowledge base development for
> customers that need rapid and reliable results.
>
> -----
>
> Correction: this version of the press release corrects an error in
> the first sentence. We apologize for publishing incorrrect information here.

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org